The Adventures of Baby Spielberg

In a world, where one man's journey will bring him unlimited and unbelievable power...another man writes a blog about working for minimum wage in order to be that other man.

Name:
Location: North Hollywood, California, United States

Sunday, November 14, 2004

'No Problems'

Well it's closing in on a month that I've been down here in the La-la land...and I can see why it's called that. All the wanna-be's tiddlin' their thumbs actually give me a superiority complex! This week I went to see a 'VIP' screening of Peter Pan (the old Disney animated version) which after seeing again makes me wonder if I ever saw it as a child. And even if I did I wouldn't have appreciated many of the adult jokes in there...you'd be surprised. As I was leaving I noticed someone familiar in front of me that I didn't come in with. Lo and behold it was the boney chick from the OC Mischa Barton and it got me thinking. If someone who is fairly average looking can be pumped up to be a sex-pot on TV, I'll probably be seen as some sort of a maverick when my time comes. Of course the flipside of that is...if someone who's craft is that simple can get a job...what the HELL is keeping me from getting work!!

Thankfully I already had an answer from the few agents I've met with. One actually told me, "Based on the amount of credits you have, that was really good," which is true. When it comes to credits I'm somewhat lacking...especially when it comes to finished material (unfortunately) but I never thought my aptitude with this was ever tied to some sort of 'method' or technique. I just do it...I am a human after all telling human stories. One would hope that it would qualify me to do so, ya feel me? The other agent I met with was also impressed and said, "You will never have to worry about getting jobs in this town, but based on your experience you'll have to wait another 3 years." Nice and all, but I'm sure I can step that up enough to wind the clock on that down. I'm just happy I won't have to worry about getting work, even if it doesn't pay anything for the time being.

This month I've just been happy to be able to direct something, after-all it's not easy and certainly not something you can just fall into. It's hair-raising but a lot of fun if what you enjoy is working a lot. So the adventure begins for who my company has designated Baby Spieldberg...right there behind Bill Housekeeper "Young Spielberg" an absolute amazing talent in his own right but as he tells me, not in directing. I think I'll get a lot of opportunities, and that is all that matters! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home