The Adventures of Baby Spielberg

In a world, where one man's journey will bring him unlimited and unbelievable power...another man writes a blog about working for minimum wage in order to be that other man.

Name:
Location: North Hollywood, California, United States

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Tewwmuhs and killing the HMO beast

Yes I'm talking tumors...not the Schwarzenegger tooomah kinds but the kind growing out of my back...bleh. After a hectic three days trying to get a freaking doctor appointment down here I sighed heavily and drove 370 miles to have one up in NorCal, because apparently being a Kaiser member up there doesn't mean I'm one down here. Same company....ya'd think, but NO: YOU'RE WRONG just like I was. Anyway, so I've had this thing for quite a while, several years even and it hasn't started bugging me until last week. General aching and sometime sharp pain, etc. (Sounds lovely don't it?) After driving through the middle of the night the doctor says "Wow that's big" as I remove my shirt....gee doc, not exactly the most comforting thing to say. He goes on to tell me it's a cystic tumor meaning it has a solid part and a gooey, pus filled part...much like a Twinkie now that I think about what I just wrote...and that the reason the pain could have started is that it may be growing. YIPPEE! (oh, non-cancerous...for those who are worried) But at any rate, it being on my back and me ever the actor taking classes that skimp on providing nice chairs...it must come out of me!

INTERMISSION

But of course, it can't be THAT easy...no no, that would be far too humane for America and our lumbering health care system. (Canada here I come?) I must make yet another appointment with a surgeon, so he or she can look at it and pretty much describe exactly what my physician just say on how they'd take it out....namely cut me, drain the pus'ie part and dig out the solid. And to do this, I must wait until January 7th at the EARLIEST...for the love of god! So, my Kaiser coverage ends December 31st....so much for the hope of the slash and scoop operation I wanted since even after that appointment with the surgeon I'd have to wait even more, or so they tell me. Sigh...so sitting here after driving home through the middle of the night I ponder...why oh why aren't there more violent crimes against HMO's...I can certainly see how 'people' could be 'driven' to firebombing a place like Kaiser. 'nough of that crap, I'm not gonna do it...got too much fun work to do! The growth on my back says goodnight ya'll...so I'm out. =P

3 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

I want to say, "Ewww...," "Oh my God, a tumor?!" followed by, "Whew, it's not cancerous 'cause I heard that shit sucks," and now I conclude with, "stupid American health-'care' system."

I heard Godzilla got a star on the Walk of Fame.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Bullock OwYoung said...

I'm glad it's not cancerous! But it sucks you will have to wait to get it removed -- but maybe it can be your 'thing'. Enrique had a mole, Letterman has the gap... ok maybe not the best examples.

Let's just hope it doesn't start growing teeth, mmkay.

Btw, when are you going to send me your headshot?

1:36 PM  
Blogger Matt the Closet Genius said...

Heh, yeah...very mixed news for sure, kind of sad enough to make you laugh really. I'll get you my headshot when I have a good digital one Jen, I'm going to try and get an appointment for new pics on monday!

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home