The Adventures of Baby Spielberg

In a world, where one man's journey will bring him unlimited and unbelievable power...another man writes a blog about working for minimum wage in order to be that other man.

Name:
Location: North Hollywood, California, United States

Monday, August 27, 2007

Back from the Dead

I guess some could say that I've "sold out to the Man" or "given up on my dream" or....uh, "bought lots of stuff". And only the last one would really be correct at this point. Okay, maybe the first one too. I do enjoy having a job now that actually pays me! Not in Monopoly money! Hooray!

But obviously this means certain "filmy" things are pushed down, waaaay down to the bottom of the basket. *tear* It does suck, just because I would like to work in said industry does NOT out way how much I detest feeling like I can't support myself because of crappy side jobs. Ick. Of course having a higher powered job than I'm used to has it's disadvantages as well. Such as, feeling like my head is so jampacked with information that things are starting to fall out (it's a lot of learn all at once). And working in a "working man's" industry. I can fake blue-collarness, but that only goes so far. I'm a white/black collar kind of guy, the white collar part was the way my family was. And the black collar part is what I discovered I may like. /shrug

Oh, and if you don't get the black collar thing...think any cheesy community theater director...turtlenecks! See you again in oh I don't know...3 months? Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home